Classes at Apples to Oranges are a great way to learn new techniques and have fun with other knitters and crocheters. Please:
- Register in person, online (www.applestooranges.net) or by phone (503-874-4901) so we are sure to have room for you!
- Pay at time of registration
- Remember that all classes are held in our shop at 204 E Main Street
- Check out class descriptions found below or in our classes e-store
- No materials, patterns or tools are included in the program fee unless noted
- There is a 10% discount on materials, patterns and tools if purchased in our shop; (this cannot be combined with other discounts and does not apply to special orders)
- We reserve the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment.
- Free tea (whatever is the daily special) is included with the paid classes.
Kids Knit ($40.00 for 3 sessions or $15 for 1 session)
Thursday afternoons from 4-5pm Beginning Knitting for kids (grades K-12). Children learn basic knitting skills while creating something wonderful with their own two hands! This is a great “mid-week wind-down” for your children after a busy day at school. Minimum of 3 students required.
Beginning Knitting ($45 for 3 sessions or $18 for 1 session)
Tuesday nights from 5-7pm, with Darrel & Becky. From casting on to binding off–we’ll have you in stitches in no time! Learn the basic technical skills (Knit, Purl, Increasing & Decreasing), how to read a pattern, and how to select the right yarn and needles for your project.
Portuguese Style Knitting ($45 for 3 sessions or $18 for 1 session)
Thursdays in January 11am-12pm Carol will teach this quick, efficient method which decreases hand, wrist and arm strain. Great for those projects on larger needles. Best of all, the Portuguese purl is easy!
Beginning/Intermediate Crochet with Darrel ($45.00 for 3 sessions or $18 for 1 session)
Thursday Nights 6-8pm. Learn to crochet, or build on your crochet skills with Darrel. Pick your project and learn the basic technical skills, how to read a pattern, and how to select the right yarn and needs for your project.
Thursday Knit-Night with Becky ($45.00 for 3 sessions, or $18 for 1)
This month Becky will be teaching KIS Designs’ new “Schofield Pass” hat pattern. This is an excellent project for learning color-work while adding texture to your knits. 5-7pm.
One-on-One Private Instruction is offered at $40/hour
Police Box Socks with Kelly ($45.00 for 3 sessions, or $18 for 1)
Kelly will be teaching Audry Nicklin’s fabulous Dr. Who inspired socks every Friday in January from 11am-12pm. Socks are worked from the Top-Down using DPN’s or Circular needles.
Tuesday is open knit day!
Bring in a friend or not, gather around our big table and knit or crochet with others. In the evening we may have a class going, so all we ask is that you be respectful of class instruction, keep conversations general or move to another table.REGISTER NOW Class_Schedule_Winter_2018