Classes at Apples to Oranges are a great way to learn new techniques and have fun with other knitters and crocheters. Please:
- Register in person, online (www.applestooranges.net) or by phone (503-874-4901) so we are sure to have room for you!
- Pay at time of registration
- Remember that all classes are held in our shop at 204 E Main Street
- Check out class descriptions found below or in our classes e-store
- No materials, patterns or tools are included in the program fee unless noted
- There is a 10% discount on materials, patterns and tools if purchased in our shop; (this cannot be combined with other discounts and does not apply to special orders)
- We reserve the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment.
- Free tea (whatever is the daily special) is included with the paid classes.
Needle Felting Basics with Pamela Miller ($35/session-includes materials)
The 2nd Thursday of every month from 1:30-3:30 pm. Make and take projects offered monthly. February’s focus will be a beautiful series of Valentine-themed adornments.
Beginning Knitting ($45 for 3 sessions or $18 for 1 session)
Tuesdays from 2-3 pm, with Kelly. From casting on to binding off–we’ll have you in stitches in no time! Learn the basic technical skills (Knit, Purl, Increasing & Decreasing), how to read a pattern, and how to select the right yarn and needles for your project.
Sunday KAL (Knit-along) with Laurie
Beginning Jan 26th, from 2-4 pm. Join Laurie as she knits the Kimono Jacket 8251 by Hayfield. *There is no charge for KAL’s as long as the materials (yarn, pattern & needles) are purchased from Apples to Oranges.
One-on-One Private Instruction is offered at $40/hour
Knitted Knocker Club. Thursdays from 11 am-12 pm.
Join our Knitted Knockers Club Kal. Knitted Knockers are special handmade breast prosthesis for women who have undergone mastectomies or other procedures to the breast.
Kits are available for purchase which includes yarn, pattern and batting.
Skills needed: Must know how to knit and purl in the round.
KAL only-Not a guided class.
A collection of finished knockers will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Tuesday is open knit day!
Bring in a friend or not, gather around our big table and knit or crochet with others. In the evening we may have a class going, so all we ask is that you be respectful of class instruction, keep conversations general or move to another table.
**Please refer to the page below for a complete list of current classes and descriptions.REGISTER NOW Class_Schedule_Winter1_2020
Beginning Sock Knitting Tuesdays 5-7pm $25.00/session
Tuesday evenings in January, learn to knit socks from the cuff-down.
Skills needed: Must know how to knit and purl in the round on DPN’s.
Knitting/Crochet Workshop. Saturday afternoons by appointment
Get help with knitting or crochet projects in a small group atmosphere.
Bring a friend and save $10.00